Feb 26, 2009

roger wang 的新玩具 [roger wang's new toy]



our guitar man has some exciting toy up his sleeve!

says roger wang: "I have commissioned a new guitar to be built for me by a local luthier. It's in the building process right now and should be completed by April. I would like to use this guitar for the recording. It's actually a special kind of guitar called the Harp Guitar. It's rare and with only a small group of guitarist around the world using it, but interest in the harp guitar is growing. It's actually a regular 6 string guitar with an extra 6 open bass strings on top. This will give me the bass notes that I would need to get a fuller sound. I believe it will help a lot with 2V1G's songs".

he adds further: "I think the harp guitar will work well for 2v1g .... I am already reaching the limits of what 6 strings can do. The limited style and similar chord progression in Chinese pop music makes it even harder to stay fresh and different. The extra bass strings will open up more possibilities for the arrangement without having to move away from the voice and 1 guitar format".

but roger, we hope your toy wouldn't look as big and ugly as the one in the video! smaller and sexier, please!

fans of 2v1g, you can expect a new sound in 2v1g's new album~!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that guitar is not ugly. It is kinda unique.

    I am already very impress with Roger's guitar in 2v1g. With this harp guitar coming, I can't want to get my hands on the upcoming 2v1g album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggielurva, I'm an audiophile from The Netherlands. I came across this blog of yours. It's a very funny blog! Do you also own Magnepans? I'm also converted to planar speakers. Currently I have Soundlabs. What does your system look like? Thank you.

    Best Regards,
    Chris Hie (Netherlands)
    dazzdax@xs4all.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi chris,

    yeah, i am big fan of planars! have you visited my hifi blog http://desirableaudio.blogspot.com

    you can find my system inside the blog....

    ReplyDelete